How Spinnaker Resorts arrived in Hilton Head, South Carolina: Spinnaker Resorts first entered into the timeshare business in 1982 after Mr. Ken Taylor, president and founder convinced his Toronto investors to purchase an already built timeshare development in Colorado that proved successful. However, prior to Spinnaker's entry into the timeshare business in 1982 it had built condominiums in Hilton Head in addition to a large land development (Rose Hill) since 1978.
The reason Spinnaker Resorts selected HH as a timeshare location is two -fold:
1) In the late 70's early 80's a study was done and subsequently reported that HH was a great location for timeshare.
2) Mr. Taylor, in addition to a number of personal friends, liked to vacation in Hilton Head and started visiting the island in 1977.
Spinnaker's head office is located in Hilton Head, South Carolina. All of the Spinnaker properties are affiliated with either Interval International or RCI and Spinnaker consistently earns either the 5 Star Award or Gold Crown status for its properties.
Spinnaker's properties are all managed by Southwind Management Company who focus solely on Spinnaker Resorts property maintenance and do not provide property management to any other properties thus ensuring the units are maintained at the highest quality for Spinnaker owners.
Mr. Ken Taylor, Spinnaker's president and founder, would like to leave a legacy of high quality property developments that he knows Spinnaker owners will be able to enjoy for many years to come. Spinnaker Resorts is family business with Ken Taylor's wife, children and son-in-law very involved in the business.
Here is a sample of the Spinnaker Resorts developments on Hilton Head Island!
1. Spinnaker - In 1982 Spinnaker's first venture into timeshare was in Hilton Head with the development of a 48 unit development that sold out in 3 years. The purpose built 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 48 unit fixed ownership project included a golf and tennis package. The project is located in Shipyard Plantation on Shipyard golf course which also offered lagoon views. Tennis, pool and hot tub facilities are also on site.
2. Carolina Club - 35 units, 2 and 3 bedroom units, was the second Spinnaker development which was 1/4 and 1/8 share fractional - subsequently 60 percent of these fractions have been purchased by Spinnaker and sold as weekly timeshare intervals.
3. Southwind II - 24 units, 2 and 3 bedroom units
4. Southwind - Late 80's - 37 units, 2 and 3 bedroom units
5. Egret Point - Late 80's - 40 units, 2 and 3 bedroom units
6. The Cottages - 52 units, 2 and 3 bedroom units (not built by Spinnaker, however, purchased, renovated and sold as weekly timeshare intervals)
7. Waterside by Spinnaker (built from 1998 to 2003) - 198 units (8 building 5 story steel and stucco) 60 percent 2 BR, 35 percent 3 BR and 5 percent 1 BR
8. Spinnaker Resorts purchased Players Club Hotel and Fitness Centre to support its mini vacations for all Spinnaker Hilton Head properties in addition to operating as a stand alone hotel. The fitness centre was completely renovated and the Players Club Hotel is also used as a check-in center for Spinnaker's properties in Shipyard plantation
9. Bluewater Resort and Marina will a phased development located on the Hilton Head intracoastal. The units will be 2 and 3 bedroom with approximate footage of 1275 - 2 BR and 1750 - 3 BR.
Other Spinnaker Developments not on Hilton Head Island
Note: In 1989 Spinnaker built St. James Place in Beaver Creek Colorado and subsequently sold the development to its partners in 1992.
10. In 1998 land was purchased in Branson, Missouri which was identified as a timeshare location with growth potential. This market focuses on the central U.S. with vacationers from Texas, Oklahoma, Indiana, Illinois and Missouri. Spinnaker continues to build new buildings at Palace View by Spinnaker and there is additional land for future expansion. There are currently, 100 units with an additional building currently under construction.
11. In 1998 Spinnaker also purchased a conversion suite hotel on the beach in Ormond Beach, Florida and subsequently completed a complete timeshare conversion. 117 units.
12. Royal Floridian South by Spinnaker located beside the Ormond Beach conversion building will be a separate development with 1 and 2 bedroom units with a slated construction start of spring 2006.
Please contact us by calling (800) 809-6709 or visiting Spinnaker Resorts web site www.spinnakerresorts.com if you would like to learn more!
May 16, 2007