Located on Lake Tahoe's vibrant South Shore, Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course makes for the Tahoe area's most memorable play as the only course that literally plays along the shores of Lake Tahoe. The golf course has played host to a number of prestigious events such as the U.S. Senior Open, but these days is a regular host of the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship.
... more »
Royal Dornoch Golf Club was officially established in 1877, making it the third-oldest golf course in the world. Its location on the northeastern coast of Scotland can be a challenge to reach, but golfers from all over the world still come to play this classic Old Tom Morris layout.
... more »
On clear days you can see the snow-capped peak of Mount Rainier from many of the holes at Druids Glen Golf Club, which has the reputation for being of the toughest golf courses in the entire state of Washington. The 230 acres is littered with trouble -- thousands of evergreen trees, 60 bunkers, nine lakes and poa annua greens faster than most public clubs in the Pacific Northwest.
... more »
It may be the most interesting golf course in the state. Designed by Michael DeVries, a protege of Tom Doak, the 6,956-yard Kingsley Club in northern Michigan is a course where players have infinite options on how to play the holes. But if they hit in the wrong place, recovery can be at best difficult. It's a golf course you don't want to pass up if you have the opportunity.
... more »
One of two full-length, 18-hole courses at Eagle Crest Resort, the Ridge Course makes the case for one of central Oregon's best bargains. Located in Redmond, Eagle Crest delivers gorgeous resort golf. The course winds along a ridge affording long views of the Cascade Mountains from its high points. There are a lot of scenic points on the Ridge, perhaps none more so than the view from the par-3 third's elevated tee box, which has a mountain backdrop and juniper forests surrounding the hole.
... more »
It takes a sense of adventure to discover Machrihanish Golf Club and Machrihanish Dunes Golf Club. Machrihanish Golf Club dates to 1876, when Old Tom Morris designed the original 12 holes. Machrihanish Dunes, which is the more scenic of the two, opened in 2009. Both are worth the trek. Jason Scott Deegan captured remote Machrihanish in pictures.
... more »
SunRidge Canyon Golf Club in Fountain Hills, Ariz. isn't particularly long, but it can be demanding. At 6,823 yards, this Keith Foster design winds its away around rugged ridges and canyons through the desert terrain. The course demands accuracy off the tee and the approach shots. There are risk-reward opportunities, but discretion is warranted to shoot a good score.
... more »
Change has been a constant in recent years for Kauai Lagoons Golf Club in Lihue, the only Jack Nicklaus design on Kauai. A renovation completed in May 2011 brought the club back to 27 holes and, more importantly, created the longest continuous stretch of ocean holes in Hawaii.
... more »
A $5 million facelift has the iconic Prince Golf Course at Princeville on Kauai's north shore looking brand new. The Prince, arguably the best work of Robert Trent Jones Jr., rises and falls through the jungle, demanding strong shot-making and wise decision-making. Ocean views and a waterfall behind the 13th green provide striking natural beauty.
... more »
Blame the haggis and the British influence for the bad rap bestowed upon the food in Scotland. Meals served on a golf trip to the "Home of Golf" don't have to be bland like the grey skies outside. Bright spots can be found in certain kitchens and dining rooms, just as the sun occasionally shines upon a seaside links.
... more »
- Play the oldest course in the world: Musselburgh Links, The Old Golf Course in East Lothian, Scotland
- Get inside the gates at The Dye Club at Barefoot Resort & Golf in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- You'll love the Love Course at the Barefoot Resort & Golf in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Pretty in pictures: The player-friendly Kai golf course at Kaanapali Resort on Maui
- Ireland's 'Delicious Dozen:' Drool over pictures of 12 of the most scenic Irish golf courses
- Closer look: Plantation Course at Kapalua Resort on Maui, Hawaii can't be overstated
- There's much to see and do on the Hawaiian island of Oahu
- A year in pictures: A look back at the best golf photos of 2012
- Find pleasure in the desert on the Sun Mountain Course at Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort
- Tour the tropics at stunning Bali Hai Golf Club on the Las Vegas Strip
- Desert Pines Golf Club in Las Vegas has a traditional country club feel -- with some bling, too
- Lexington Course at Revere Golf Club is a Las Vegas shotmaker's delight
- Challenge a top-100 course at Tullymore Golf Club in Stanwood, Michigan
- Something to see: Find your flow on the River golf course at Blackwolf Run in Wisconsin
- Dramatic mountain vistas highlight Silverstone Golf Club in Las Vegas
- Castle Stuart Golf Links near Inverness, Scotland: A championship track accessible to all skill levels
- Tribute golf course at the Otsego Club in Gaylord, Michigan has no shortage of panoramic views
- Crystal Springs Golf Resort in New Jersey features so much more than just seven courses
- Siena Golf Club is a safe and enjoyable bet in Las Vegas
- Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Resort in County Donegal, Ireland offers a rare pair of fine accommodations and links golf
- Redhawk Golf Club in Temecula is among California's finest non-resort courses
- Dance among the dunes at Donegal Golf Club in northwest Ireland
- Desert Dunes Golf Club near Palm Springs: A great links-style course in the southern California desert
- Set in the foothills of the Black Mountain Range, Rio Secco Golf Club is one of the toughest courses in the Las Vegas area
- Makeover pushes Cabo del Sol's Ocean Course even closer to the shore of Mexico's Baja Peninsula
- A nice touch: Ted Robinson Sr.'s son spruces up his Palm golf course at JW Marriott Desert Springs in Palm Desert, California
- Tom Fazio tees up thoroughly Lowcountry golf experience at Barefoot Resort in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- It took a Scotsman to design an authentic links golf gem like Bandon Dunes on the Oregon coast
- Water, water everywhere: Desert Springs Resort's Valley Course in Palm Desert, California
- Public-access golf courses can be found around Naples in southwest Florida
- Old English charm comes to life at Rosewood Tucker's Point resort in Bermuda
- The Fairmont Southampton is a golf-and-beach resort paradise in Bermuda
- Big Meadow Golf Course at Black Butte Ranch is among Oregon's finest
- Old Macdonald Golf Links at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Oregon: A tribute to C.B.
- Pacific Dunes at the Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Oregon: Tom Doak's dream is among America's best
- Cimarrone Golf Club a watery challenge in Jacksonville, Florida
- The Deschutes River runs through it: River's Edge Golf Course in Bend, Oregon
- Mother Nature stars at memorable Resort Course at Eagle Crest in Redmond, Oregon
- Bandon Trails at the Bandon Dunes Golf Resort: A course you should play at least once
- The Dunes Golf and Beach Club is a memorable host to all in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Tetherow Golf Club in Oregon: A Bend course that won't give you any breaks
- Las Vegas: A photogenic desert golf destination
- Awbrey Glen Golf Club in Bend, Oregon combines great golf with beautiful nature
- Puakea Golf Course in Lihue, Hawaii: Championship, value-laden golf on Kauai
- Cascata a high-end golf experience just 30 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip
- Wolf Creek: A grand canyon turned into a golf course in Mesquite, Nevada
- Bandon Crossings Golf Course in Oregon is making a name for itself
- Watson Ranch Golf Club in Coos Bay, Oregon, deserves a closer look
- Portmarnock Golf Club: The most revered links playground in County Dublin, Ireland
- Kauai's North Shore shines at the Makai Golf Club at St. Regis Princeville
- Two courses at Carton House Golf Club near Dublin, Ireland provide a stark contrast to one another
- The golf courses of Dublin, Ireland
- Valderrama Golf Club: Spain's Ryder Cup host and most famous course
- Ryder Cup Course at the K Club near Dublin: Come and play a real Ryder Cup golf course
- FarmLinks Golf Club in Sylacauga: A test of the very best Alabama has to offer
- Sycuan Golf Resort features 54 fun and challenging golf holes northeast of San Diego
- Murder Rock Golf and Country Club near Branson, Missouri: Golf that sounds sounds scarier than it is
- Thousand Hills Golf Resort in Branson, Missouri
- Steele Canyon Golf Club near San Diego
- The Dormie Club near Pinehurst, N.C.: One of America's oldest golf destinations has a brand new classic
- Straits golf course at Whistling Straits in Sheboygan, Wisconsin
- Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club in San Diego
- The Sky and Shadow courses at Lost Canyons Golf Club in Simi Valley, California
- Public Robinson Ranch Golf Club in Santa Clarita, California plays like a private club
- Greg Norman blends Doonbeg Golf Resort in Co. Clare seamlessly into Ireland's Atlantic coast
- Revere Golf Club's Lexington and Concord Courses offer historically good Las Vegas golf
- Take on Robin Nelson at The Dunes at Maui Lani Golf Course in Kahului, Hawaii
- TPC Las Vegas: Secluded, scenic, challenging and conveniently close to major Sin City attractions
- Wynn Golf Club brings scenic, challenging golf to the Las Vegas Strip
- Royal Links Golf Club: Classic British Isles golf, a short drive from the Las Vegas Strip
- Glen Dornoch Waterway Golf Links near Myrtle Beach offers a little Highland flavor to the South Carolina Lowcountry
- Pawleys Plantation course near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina combines beauty, typical Jack Nicklaus golf
- Mike Stantz made his mark with unique True Blue Plantation golf course just south of Myrtle Beach
- Walk in the footsteps of PGA Tour legends on the Championship Course at Bay Hill Club and Lodge in Orlando, Florida
- Golf at The Sagamore Resort in Bolton Landing, New York
- Seven Oaks Golf Club in Hamilton, New York
- Long Bay Club near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- The Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia: Host of the Greenbrier Classic on the PGA Tour
- Pebble Beach Golf Links on California's Monterey Peninsula
- The Hootie & the Blowfish Monday After the Masters Pro-Am in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort in Texas
- Old Tabby Links on Spring Island, South Carolina
- Pinehurst No. 2: A classic North Carolina golf course steeped in tradition and prestige
- Great minds (Ross and Fazio) came together on Pinehurst No. 4 golf course
- The AT&T Oaks Course at TPC San Antonio
- Grand Cypress Resort's New Course - Orlando, Florida
- Rock Hollow Golf Club in Peru, Indiana
- Arthur Hills Course at Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort in Hilton Head, S.C.
- Jones course at Palmetto Dunes Resort - Hilton Head Island, S.C.
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Course in Jasper, Canada
- Best of golf and Lyon in France's Rhone-Alps region
- Hilton Head National Golf Club in Bluffton, South Carolina
- Myrtle Beach golf in pictures: Litchfield Country Club
- Best of golf and travel on Spain's Costa Del Sol and Andalucia
- Oyster Bay Golf Links north of Myrtle Beach
- Dye Course at Colleton River Plantation in Bluffton, S.C.
- Best of Northern Michigan golf in pictures
- Bandon Dunes Golf Resort in Bandon, Oregon
- Ireland golf in pictures: A tour of the Emerald Isle's top links courses
- The best of Myrtle Beach golf courses in pictures
- St. Andrews to Turnberry: The best of Scotland golf in pictures
- Hawaii's best golf in pictures: A look at Kauai
- Tidewater Golf Club & Plantation in North Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Bear Slide Golf Club near Indianapolis
- Rocky Gap Lodge & Resort - Maryland golf photos